Thursday 16 February 2012

Rebecca

"Rebecca" is a dramatic,mysterious and romantic movie.


Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Writers: Daphne Du Maurier(novel),Robert E. Sherwood(screenplay)
Stars: Laurence Olivier,Joan Fontaine


Plot:
When a naive young woman marries a rich widower and settles in his gigantic mansion, she finds the memory of the first wife maintaining a grip on her husband and the servants.

Personal Review:
I do admire Hitchcock and his movies a lot but I have my doubts on this one.When I first read about it I was very excited because it indeed has a very interesting plot.There is mystery everywhere and if you like that then watch it.The bad thing was that it lasted too long.It was almost 2 hours and a half,so you get tired at one point.It kept me interested until the first time the mystery was solved but it turned out that it hadn't been solved so I was like here we go again...Do watch it if you want and remember that it is a good movie but it would be better if it didn't last so long,at least that's my opinion.

Cast:
Laurence Olivier-Maxim De Winter
Joan Fontaine-Mrs.De Winter
Judith Anderson-Mrs.Danvers











No comments:

Post a Comment