Sunday 29 January 2012

The shining

"The shining" is a dramatic and horror movie.


Director: Stanley Kubrick
Writers: Stephen King(novel),Stanley Kubrick(screenplay)
Stars: Jack Nicholson,Shelley Duvall,Danny Lloyd


Plot:
A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.

Personal Review:
By far one of the best horror movies ever,and I'm not the only one who says that so it's regarded as one of the top.It's really great and scary.I don't know if the thing that scared me was the awesomness of Nicholson or the child.I really can't describe the film.Don't expect to get too scared at first it's towards the end that things begin to look frightening.The music,the faces,the colours,the voices and the rugs makes you not want to stay in huge hotels.Of course,because I've read the book I must say that it was scarier something unique because usually the films are scaruer.But I must say that it's a nice adaptation.Whoever hasn't watched this film and thinks of himself as a horror-movie fan is not.But if you want to read the book first see the film or else you're going to be a little dissapointed.

Cast:



Jack Nicholson-Jack Torrance
Shelley Duvall-Wendy Torrance
Danny Lloyd-Danny Torrance





No comments:

Post a Comment